I believe that the economic condition of the community is the true heartbeat of the people.
- I will work to attract and maintain higher wage jobs in our area, both independently and with other agencies business development resources.
- I will work to increase patronage and expansion of area small businesses to ensure profitability, stability and job growth.
- I will work to create more localized job training opportunities.
- I will work to foster and support diverse career opportunities for our residents, specifically in professional services like technical, legal and health care.
- I support a Veteran priority in job placement and hiring.
- I support an increased state minimum wage.
- I support unionized jobs and their protection of working wages and benefits.
Las Vegas’ unemployment rate is 2%-3% above the national average. We need to bring a wider range of employment opportunities into your community and city.